Implantation bleeding is the bleeding that happens just before your periods. It is one of the surest signs of early pregnancy. The implantation process occurs around a week after ovulation and almost a week before your expected menstrual period. This type of bleeding occurs when the fertilized egg attaches to the lining of the uterus. Sometimes, as the embryo attaches, it causes a little bleeding. Normally, Light spotting or bleeding occurs in about 10-14 days after conception. Cramps accompany it, and spots are of darker blood in color than the normal period blood.
Appearance And Look Of Implantation Bleeding:
The implantation bleeding looks like light bleeding. When you wipe or a mild spotting in panty, which you sometimes can’t feel, this bleeding can be supported with a panty liner or a normal tissue. The shade of the color depends on the time taken to escape from your body. It can be reddish if it is fresh blood. Pinkish if it is mixed with other vaginal discharge. It can be brownish if it is an older discharge, which is escaping now. In case, You experience heavy bleeding or clotting; it is always better to consult your gynecologist immediately.
Signs Indicating Implantation Bleeding:
- The blood may be pinkish or darker in color, scanty, and lighter than the period bleeding.
- The bleeding may be on and off and last from a few hours to two days.
- Mild cramps, especially in the lower abdomen and back.
- No blood clots or tissue in the blood, making it easy to distinguish it from normal period bleeding.
- Breast changes or swollen breasts are also a sign.
- Changes in the texture of cervical mucus discharge.
- The urge to urinate can also increase during the phase of implantation.
And other normal symptoms of pregnancy like nausea, headache, mood swings, bloating, food aversion, etc.
The implantation process and bleeding differ from pregnancy to pregnancy.No two people can relate to it. Better to follow your body signs and symptoms.Apart from the Implantation process and bleeding. You can experience various early signs and symptoms ones implantation takes place in the body. The sensitivity of signs and symptoms varies from body to body.
Know the Difference between Implantation Bleeding, Menstrual Bleeding, and Ovulation Spotting
- Implantation Bleeding: It occurs as light spotting and is more likely to be pink-brown or darker in color. The mild cramps during this kind of bleeding don’t last long. It is more like an on and off spots, so it doesn’t last for more than 2 days. It doesn’t produce a mix of blood and tissue, so clotting in the blood doesn’t occur.
- Period Bleeding: It sometimes starts as brownish or pink, but it eventually turns into crimson red. The cramps can sometimes be mild and sometimes cause unbearable pain. Period bleeding lasts for 4-7 days and takes place according to your menstrual cycle. Clotting is also common in period bleeding, which doesn’t happen in the case of implantation bleeding.
- Ovulation Spotting: It may occur due to rapid hormonal changes that take place during ovulation. Ovulation bleeding happens around the time that your body releases an egg. Women experiencing ovulation spotting or bleeding have higher luteal progesterone levels and luteinizing hormone (LH) around ovulation. It causes a dull pain on one side of the abdomen. Ovulation spotting occurs mid-cycle, unlike the implantation spotting, that happens a few days before your next expected period.