For a child to stay healthy, physically as well as mentally, Playing is very important. Play is simply the act which children love to do and simultaneously learn. It is one of the significant parts of Foundation stage development. Babies and toddlers explore and discover new things daily with the magic of play. Various forms of play enrich a child’s body, brain, and life in meaningful ways. It is beneficial in enhancing the overall development of a child. Play is the activities done for recreational pleasure and enjoyment.
Why Is Play Crucial Part In Children’s Life?
- It helps the physical growth of children.
- Social development of children happens when they play with friends and learn to share.
- Growth of cognitive development.
- They stay emotionally fit and active.
- It is the best way to keep your kids engaged.
- Children develop their creativity when they do art and craft play.
- Their sense develops beautifully when they do sensory play.
- With the help of play, the Imagination of the child takes shape.
- With physical games like football or merely running or jumping, they develop sportsman spirit and become adventurous.
- They become problem solvers when they play in a group or work as a team in a particular game.
What Do You Learn From Play Type
- Playing with building blocks helps the children to learn about different shapes and sizes.
- Playing with puzzles develops their thinking skills, sequencing, and reasoning.
- Clay dough play helps in sensory play. It develops the recognition and concept of colors.
- Slime is a new innovative play famous nowadays. With this play, kids learn to sense and feel.
- Doing Drawing and coloring is the best part of free play. In this way, they can bring their imagination into shape. They learn to save and utilize things when doing artwork with waste items.
- With sand and water play, the child begins to learn about knowing the world and all basics of science and experiments.
- Pretend play helps to know the interest of your child. In this way, they get the best time to express their feeling out of pretending play.
- Playing with balls and other physical games, children learn to coordinate, perform as a team, and share with other game players. How to have a sportsman spirit? They learn flexibility.
Types Of Play:
It involves playing with objects and toys and letting your baby experiment with the items available with him/ her. It is used to develop a sense of abstract thinking in your child.
This involves outdoor physical activities and games that every child loves to play. This is the most fun way of learning for a child. Outdoor games build strength in your child, both physical and mental strength. It raises your child’s spirits, builds confidence, and encourages the quality of risk-taking in them.
Pretend to Play
In this type of play, children explore their imagination by experimenting with whatever objects or toys are available. This enhances their thought process and helps them become more creative.