Pregnancy causes your body to change in different ways. Not just physically, but mentally and emotionally too. Postpartum hair loss is one of the most common phenomena. One of the outcomes of this hair troubles post-pregnancy. Hair loss post-pregnancy is temporary, and it’s normal. New mothers, for the most part, need to manage the hair loss situation after pregnancy. Hair loss is one of the Things That Happen During Postpartum. Unreasonable hair-fall is probably the greatest cause of worry among new mothers, yet they can cheer up because it’s true that this is temporary. It’s easy to manage it effectively.
Issues Causing Hair Loss and Hormone Effect
- Hormones are the biggest reason for pregnancy hair changes in women and postpartum hair loss.
- The fall in estrogen levels post-pregnancy is one of the major causes of hair loss.
- Pregnancy can also change ferritin levels in the body and change thyroid levels; this may cause postpartum thyroiditis, which is another reason for hair loss.
- When you are pregnant, your hair goes into a dormant cycle. This causes less hair fall. This is the telogen phase 2. Eventually, your hair goes into the next phase, the telogen effluvium, and starts falling out. This is another reason for postpartum hair loss.
Food That benefit Hair Troubles
Hey ladies! Check out some magical food that leads to having healthy hair. And, It causes a reduction in hair loss. So, The following are the magical food:
- Drink plenty of fluids such as water, juices, and coconut water during and after pregnancy to retain the body’s hydration and indirectly lead to happy and healthy hair.
- Fruits such as apples, bananas, and oranges.
- Green leafy vegetables such as spinach, lettuce, and parsley.
- Dry fruits such as apricot, dates, and raisins.
- Beans such as Chickpeas and red kidney beans in the form of gravy or salad.
- Protein-rich food such as tomatoes.
- Having a properly balanced diet for a healthy body and hair.
- Make it a habit to have food rich in iron and zinc.
Tips and Treatments to Prevent Postpartum Hair Loss And Have Healthy Hair Growth
1. Try Out a New Haircut
Postpartum hair loss can be easily dealt with. Trying out a new haircut can be one of the many ways. If you previously had long hair, it may be time to get them shortened. In addition to that, a new haircut and style may also boost your confidence and make you feel less insecure about hair loss. You feel fresh when you get a new haircut from your hairstylist. And alternatively, it manages your hair health and trims the unhealthy ones and split ends. And, New healthy hair grows.
2. Avoid tight hairstyles For Hair Loss
Avoid making tight hairstyles that tend to pull your hair out. These styles cause the hair to break from the root and fall out. Avoid tight ponytails or buns, and try to keep them loosened. Tight hairstyles can also cause headache issues postpartum. So be careful while choosing a hairstyle after you have a baby. It should be comfortable for you to carry.
3. Better Haircare
Try to Be extra gentle with your hair while washing or combing. Using a shampoo that may help to increase the volume in your hair is also a helpful way. Wash your hair only when necessary, and don’t rub your hair vigorously while washing them. Also, use combs with widely spaced teeth. Try to use paraben and sulfate-free shampoos. Nowadays, organic options are available, as well. I am a supporter of natural alternatives and prefer to use chemical-free or at least less chemical ones for my hair. Choose the best shampoo as per your hair texture, soft or dry. Ensure it suits your hair type, i.e., straight, silky, frizzy, or curly.