Your kid often has a runny nose, seasonal cold, a cough, and a mild fever throughout the year. These mild symptoms cause a panic attack in parents. As an impact, Parents take their children to pediatricians. It may sometimes be a real cause of concern—otherwise, it is a common thing which virus is causing. And, Your child doctor is aware after seeing your child. That the problem causing is viral. Instead, we panic and want the doctor to prescribe antibiotics to doctor for quick recovery. Frequent use of antibiotics is the overuse when it is not required. This overuse may sometime cause serious harm or side-effects to your body.
Parent’s Instinct On Antibiotics
Its maximum depends on parents’ gut and instinct. It really matters a lot. So parents stay calm and composed when it comes to your child’s health. Thinks twice before making a decision. Sometimes parents pressure and anxiousness leads doctors to prescribe antibiotics even when not required. Recovery happens gradually in viral infection and without antibiotics. When parents give their doctors a free hand and trust them, they come to the right decision, which is best for your baby.
Role Of Antibiotics
- Bacteria are living organisms. And antibiotics work against bacterial infections by stopping the growth and development of bacteria in the body.
- The virus is non-living. Our immune system has the ability to fight against the virus. Antibiotics don’t work on viruses.
Harmful Effects Of Frequent Use Of Antibiotics In Kids And Baby
When overuse of a particular medicine causes the development of resistance towards that particular group. As it is given to the patient now and then. It does not show the result with the desired dose. To achieve the goal doctor has to prescribe an increased dose or some other group which works well on that kind of bacterial infection.
Overuse of Antibiotics Cause Organ Trouble
Gradually over-usage does affect the organs of your body. Mainly, the kidney is affected due to over-usage. The kidney is the organ responsible for excreting the waste and toxins present in the body in the urine form. Too much usage leads to disturbing the kidney’s functioning, which eventually leads to kidney failure if not treated immediately.
Increased Risk Of Other Illness
Sometimes Over usage and undue usage of antibiotics in children lead to:
- Breathing troubles
- Asthma happens in children as a side effect of antibiotics sometimes.
- Weight issues.
- Higher BMI.
Tummy Trouble For Little ones
Digestive issues are common when you take a course of antibiotics. Little ones have abdominal pain, gastrointestinal issues with the administration of the medicine. Its always advised reading the antibiotic manual for complete knowledge about the medication for your little one.
Antibiotic Spoils Good Gut Bacteria
Unfortunately, It destroys the bacterial good for gut health with the harmful bacteria present in the body. It eventually causes :
- Watery stools
- Abdominal Paim
- Colic troubles
To treat and for the survival of gut bacteria. Its always advised to take Probiotics with the course of antibiotics. Or, you can take natural probiotics such as yogurt, curd, or buttermilk.
No doubt, antibiotics prove to be magical to treat severe bacterial infections in children. But, many times, overuse, when not required, causes side effects. Its always advised to take it with proper investigation and concern of your child’s doctor. Its always better to discuss possible side effects associated with a particular group of antibiotics prescribed.
Have A Allery Check For Your Little one
Its always advised doing an allergy test before introducing new antibiotics to your kids as little ones and babies are very sensitive. Many times overuse leads to following allergic reactions if not tolerated by your child’s body:
- Watery stools
- Blood in the stool
- Itching and rashes
- Patches ob the skin
- Reddening of the skin
- Swelling on particular parts of the body
How Parents Can Control The Frequent Usage Of Antibiotics
- Parents stay calm and composed.
- Always make a decision when you are at peace,
- Never rush to any wrong decisions in panic and anxiety.
- Discuss your child’s and babies’ health with pediatricians.
- To discuss what kind of infection is your child having?
- What is the reason for antibiotics? If it is prescribed.
- Have a clear picture o the side effects associated.
- Be light with mild health troubles; they will recover with their powerful immune system.
- Always give the full course of antibiotics when started for a particular infection as there are chances of recurring of the infection if stopped in the middle.
- Never give leftover antibiotics to your child. Just give them the prescribed number of days.
They Are Remarkable When Required
Its always advised to see your child’s doctor whenever necessary. Don’t give any medication on your own. Sometimes antibiotics are really required to treat infections. So, don’t delay in this and take medical help immediately. To start the course of antibiotics. So, These are the harmful effects of the over-usage of antibiotics, and how you can lower it?
The content shared with all of you is for informational purposes; please don’t consider it your health guide. It is always better to take your doctor’s advice in person for any concerning issues.