This lesson plan will introduce Letter M with simple, fun, and engaging activities, objects, cards, tasks, and fun games.
1. Letter m sound-Letter M Lesson Plan
This is one of the best practices works with small kids. The preschoolers and kindergarteners love to say and read aloud. You can have them practice and practice the letter M. You can say it loud and clear for the perfect sound and phonics of the letter /m/.
2. How To Write Letter M
- You can start by modeling it.
- You can use clay doh to make M.
- Sand and tracing on the rice with fingers in the form of sensory play
- Writing with chalk, both uppercase M and lowercase letter m can be another widely used technique.
- For details, you can check out the video attached to practice writing the alphabet M.
- Whiteboards or practicing M on the interactive boards are innovative ways.
3. Sound it out The Letter /m/
Sound it out aloud with the phonics sound /m/. Guide kids to fold lips and say /m/ sound as in mouse, mountain. Practice and practice with the kids make things work. With me, My turn Your turn strategy works wonders. I try it out by saying my turn, and then kids will say in your turn. We repeat this multiple times until we got it perfectly.
4. m Letter Words
Some of the examples are:
5. Letter m flashcards
Flashcards and picture cards are the best pictorial way to let them understand. Let kids see the pictures and spell the word out. What is the picture on the card? With which letter is the object starts? What is the beginning sound of the picture in the card? And so on.
6. Letter m activities-Letter M Lesson Plan
I love to play this game with my children when introducing the letter M.We will have a mystery box with the letter M.And start playing with the mystery box. For a detailed idea of the mystery box game, you can look at the video on How to play with the mystery box?
7. With Modeling Letter M Using Finger Paint
With the help of finger painting, kids learn to trace the letter M. For details; You can look at the video above and practice using fingers and colors.
8. The Mouse Story – Letter m story
Children can be free to make a cute and short story with a mouse. The beginning sound of the mouse is /m/. Give them some props and objects with the alphabet m to form a short story with their imagination and creativity, as you can see in the short story in the video above.
9. Making Letter M With objects
To Make Uppercase and lowercase m using the following objects:
- Popsicle sticks
- Bottle caps
- Wooden Blocks
- tapes can be fun and engaging.
10. Independent Learning Letter M Lesson PLan
You can hand over the interactive worksheets to work independently. And, In this way, the teacher can freely access it. What is the understanding level of the children? Are they crystal clear about the lesson going on? Here, I have given simple Finger painting of the Uppercase and lowercase m worksheets to color. Another for the enriched ones, I was guided to draw the objects and the pictures which begin with the letter. Those who need support were given to trace the M using a small toy car repeatedly.
Happy Learning With Alphabet M
Previously we have done the details on the mat, alphabet introduction. In this lesson, I tried to have fun ways to teach and learn about the letter m. I hope you all will get ideas from this. I would love to add-on the ideas on How you prefer to introduce M to your children in the comment box below.