We will discuss fetal development in the second trimester. Previously We have Discussed the following topics related to second-trimester pregnancy:
We have a clear picture of Baby Growth And Development In the First Trimester(12 Weeks) Of Pregnancy. In The Second Trimester following Baby growth and development is observed:
The baby inside the mother’s womb can:
- Move around
- The Baby’s limb movements are seen in the scan.
- Turn from side to side.
- Roll and flip as well.
- The fetal inside the womb eyes are slowly moving near to the front of the face.
- The ears are taking the position near the side of the head.
- Now, The baby can hear the voice of a mother.
Fetal Skin Forms
- The thin skin forms all over the fetus.
- This skin protects the inner thin layer of the fetal skin.
- The consistency of vernix is creamy white or cheese kind of.
- Vernix protects the fetus skin from chapping and hardening.
- The skin is red and wrinkly.
- Soft hair covers the skin.
- The finger and toenails of the fetus are grown.
- Now, Fingers and toes are completely distinguished as they are separated.
- Eyebrows are visible.
- Eyelashes start to develop.
- Eyelids start to open up.
The fetus will develop reflexes such as:
- Around the 13th week of pregnancy, Your baby’s urine starts to form.
- The fetus can release the urine in the amniotic fluid nearby.
Other Significant Highlights Of Fetal Development
- Thet can respond to the stimuli.
- The placenta is fully developing.
- The brain of the fetus will have a major development in the second trimester.
- The digestive system of the baby starts to work.
- The fetus inside the womb will follow the sleeping pattern and the cycle of sleep and wakeup.
- Hair starts to grow on the head of the baby.
- The baby becomes 14 inches long and might weigh a little over 2 pounds.
- Finger and toe prints are visible.
- The Baby’s neck is more prominent and defined.