I love to write and explore play. Importance of play and its quick benefits. Whenever I get a chance I love to correlate and support Love is play-based learning. In this part of the blog, we will discover the top 6 social stages of play. So, let us get started:
1. Unocculpied Play
- Unoccupied play is from birth to 3 months
- It is the form of play that involves infants.
- Yes! you heard it right play starts at birth.
- It is in a real sense the starting where babies start to explore play.
- Babies involve simple movements of arms, legs, hands, and feet.
- They simply explore and discovers their own organ movements.
- How their body moves and responds?
- You can even start reading to tiny babies.
2. Solitary Play – Social Stages Of Play
- This starts from birth to 2 years.
- In this phase, children learn to start to play on their own.
- Still, they enjoy their own company and do not really look for a companion.
- In this form of play, kids do not notice other children playing, singing, or doing activities around.
- They pick things and start to sense the objects around and even want to put them in their mouth.
3. Onlooker Play
- This kind of play is seen around 2 years of age.
- Onlooker is commonly known as spectator play.
- In this play, Kids starting observing the kids playing near to them.
- Toddlers observe and follow the kids playing visible to them.
- But still don’t show interest to play with them.
- They become curious and want to learn about what other children are playing?
- This way learning happens by observing.
4. Parallel Play – Social Stages Of Play
- It is majorly observed in children aged 2-3 years of age.
- As the name suggests in this form the children start to play parallel that is side by side to other children.
- But, still not playing with each other.
- It may look like they are playing alone. But they start noticing and interacting with each other.
- Even they start to copy each other.
- This is the form when kids want and have a need to play with other kids begin.
5. Associative Play
- Associative play is the social stage of play observed in children around 3-4 years of age.
- In this stage, Children start to interact while playing.
- Like for example when they are on a playground maybe they take different rides they tend to observe, copy and follow.
- This is the beginning of the phase of sharing.
- Like for example, they start to discuss their favorite toys and what they want to play with?
- If they are playing with the sand. What they are making with the sand?
6. Social Play – Social Stages Of Play
- Social play is also known as cooperative play.
- It begins at the age of 4 years.
- When a child starts to play with other kids and is interested in new games and activities is the beginning of cooperative play.
- Here they start to mingle and interact socially with one another and show teamwork.
- In this play, they enjoy and love to go on playdates.
Playing Is Important
Play is one of the indispensable parts of every child’s life. So let then has some free play daily. It is the form and the chore which should be included in their daily routine whenever they feel to do so. Play relaxes the kids and burst all their stress away. It even helps in reducing and controlling their anger, anxiety, and behavior issues. So Keep playing and spread your infectious love little ones!