Is pomegranate good for you? Pomegranate fruit is one of the juiciest and very refreshing fruits available to us by nature. If there is a pomegranate near me I would love to eat it. Have you ever thought while eating a pomegranate what pomegranate is good for? We are here today to discover the top 10 pomegranate benefits for health. Why pomegranate is good for you? In this article, we will also focus on what pomegranate juice is good for? as well. Now it’s really easy to make pomegranate juice with a pomegranate juicer.
Pomegranate how to eat? Some like to eat it directly while others like to have pomegranate juice. Have you ever imagined pomegranate color? Do let us know in the comment box below.
Lets us take a look at pomegranate nutrition facts:
The pomegranate arils have plenty of other nutrients, too, and are a great addition to your daily recommended serving of fruit, according to the U.S. Department of Agriculture’s MyPlate guidelines. A ½ cup serving offers:
- 72 calories
- 27 grams (g) carbohydrates
- 89 g sugar
- 5 g fiber (14 percent daily value, or DV)
- 205 milligrams (mg) potassium (about 5 percent DV)
- 9 mg vitamin C (about 10 percent DV for men, 12 percent DV for women)
- 3 micrograms (µg) vitamin K (about 18 percent DV)
- 33 µg folate (about 8 percent DV)
Top 15 pomegranate benefits for health
What benefits do pomegranates have? The top 15 pomegranate benefits for health are as follows:
- Anemia– It is the best fruit that is rich in iron and continuous consumption of pomegranate helps in curing the problem of anemia.
- Improves Heart Health– Pomegranate is a good fruit rich in fibers and it helps in blood purification and promotes proper blood circulation.
- Dehydration – Pomegranate is really juicy and rich in water. It helps to cure dehydration.
- Pomegranates cure cancer– Pomegranates are rich in antioxidants such as flavonoids, These flavonoids act as barriers to let cancer in the body. Specifically, it is good for the prevention of breast cancer and prostate cancer. Even cancer patients can take this juice to fight the cancer battle by decreasing levels of PSA.
- Weight loss natural remedy – Taking one glass of fresh pomegranate juice daily helps in weight loss. Even taking juice empty stomach helps in reducing the production of fatty cells. It is a natural remedy that reduces weight not even by affecting insulin levels.
- Helps Fight Breast Cancer – Pomegranate extract has the amazing property of fighting against the reproduction and growth of cancer cells.
- Lowers Blood Pressure – Hypertension is one of the leading causes of Heart attacks and strokes. Regular consumption of pomegranate juice helps in controlling blood pressure.
- Helps prevent Heart Disease – Punicic acid the major fatty acid present in pomegranate fruit plays a major role in protecting heart health from diseases and makes the heart-healthy and strong. It improves your lipid profile and basically Cholesterol level and more specifically LDL levels.
- Pomegranate helps prevent Bacterial and Viral Infections – It has superb anti-viral and anti-bacterial properties. This helps in preventing infections such as gum disease, yeast infections, and other infections such as stomatitis.
- Pomegranate has Anti-inflammatory effects– Inflammation is the leading cause of many major illnesses such as :
- heart disease
- type 2 diabetes
- Alzheimer’s disease
Pomegranate is one of the healthiest fruits loaded with rich nutrients. Please let us know in the comment section below about different types of pomegranate recipes. We would love to hear from you at Tinydale.