The Skin To Skin Contact is commonly known as SSC and Kangaroo care. It is one of the most popular care and the contact which has numerous health benefits for both mother and baby. In this post, we will look out for the top 10 amazing of skin to skin health benefits for a newborn baby and the mother.
During pregnancy, the baby receives warmth, food, oxygen, and protection from their mother’s body. Once they are out they can only feel this amazing warmth when they are healed close to their mother’s body which is called skin-to-skin contact.
1. Mom – Newborn Bond Strengthens – Skin to Skin Health Benefits
Just after the birth the initial hour also knows as the Magical hour. It is the most amazing opportunity for mammals to have skin-to-skin contact with their baby to develop a strong love bond for a lifetime in the magical hour. Find Out Unique Ways For New Moms To Bond With Newborn.
2. Smoothens The Change
Yes! the babies who receive immediate skin-to-skin contact after birth are more strong psychologically and experiences less stress to settle in this unknown world. This magical touch which they are already familiar with helps them to upscale this big change in a preplanned and proper manner.
3. Boosts In Better Understanding – Skin To Skin Health Benefits
These health benefits of skin-skin really benefit both parents and the baby:
- Newborn baby feels comfortable and can communicate well when is held close skin-skin. If the baby is hungry? Or the baby is sleepy? If the baby is uneasy and so on? It is easy for the parents to sense the clues.
- On the other hand, babies can sense their parents are around them when they are healed close and secured in their parent’s arms.
4. A Natural Pain Reliever
Skin to skin health benefits is again proved to be beneficial both ways such as:
- It acts as a natural pain reliever for the newborn. If the baby is experiencing any kind of pain. And he is held close, eases the pain, and feels better. It reduces the recovery time from any kind of ailment.
- The mother recovering from the pain and trouble of pregnancy and delivery is quickly improved. She even forgets all, the pain in fractions of seconds as she held her baby close to her in the skin just after birth.
5. Skin To Skin Health Benefits Helps to Calm Newborn
Many studies have shown that babies are held close to their mothers after birth. And receive continuous skin-to-skin contact therapy are more calm and composed. And They have fewer crying issues. They are good at controlling their heightened emotions and showcase good behavior when they grow up and experience fewer behavioral disorders.
6. Relieves Separation Anxiety
It is very common to observe separation anxiety from being an infant to a toddler to a preschooler and even in kids and tweens. Believe me, it is very normal. The intensity of separation anxiety varies from children to children. As every child is unique. I am sure you are part of our amazing learning group Love Is Play-Based Learning! What if I say separation anxiety is very common and is experienced by every child in their life. We as parents have got the amazing opportunity to address and handle separation anxiety in the best possible way. Here I have come up with a parents guide that includes the top 10 ways to handle separation anxiety in children. But, If the newborn receives skin-to-skin contact with the mother experiences less separation anxiety.
7. Enhances Milk Supply
It is rightly said when the newborn is kept on the mother’s abdomen. The baby has the ability to reach the mother’s breast for the milk automatically as an instinct. Traditional Remedies To Increase Breast Milk Supply.
8. Helps In Recovering Postpartum Depression
This is the best health benefit of skin-to-skin contact for mothers. As the mother can fight back postpartum depression easily with the help of skin-to-skin contact. It serves as a magical power for the new mothers to overcomes big hurdles with this magical thing.
9. Keeps Baby And Mother Warm – Skin To Skin Health Benefits
The body temperature is the biggest concern after the birth of the baby. When skin-to-skin contact is held, it helps in establishing a warm environment between the baby and the mother. And helps in maintaining the body temperature as well.
10. Happy Sleep!
Last but not least Skin To Skin Health Benefits is having a sound sleep. Yes! you heard it right. When you have skin contact with your baby, it helps in improving the sleep quality of both mother and the baby. When they hug each other both feel safe and protected and can have a sound sleep. Cosleeping has amazing benefits as well.
One of the biggest health benefits for babies is when skin-to-skin contact happens. The heart rate and breathing rate are more stable and normal. Check Out Top 5 Tips On How To Boost Baby Brain Development?
So, here are the Amazing Top 10 Skin To Skin Health Benefits For Baby And Mother. Hope you all enjoyed reading this part. Please do share with your family and friends as we are readily available on all social media platforms.
You can always give your reactions in the comment box below. I am sure you are part of our amazing learning group Love Is Play-Based Learning! Reach out to us on our email if you want to share your story on our platform. Meanwhile, Stay Tuned with Tinydale for the Baby Development And Milestones: