Though, it will be fun to see the kids playing with slime. At end of the day, it makes the mother worry about washing their clothes. If you are the mother one among them, this article is for you. How to remove slime from clothes? Here you get simple tips on how to remove slime from clothes.
How to Remove Slime from Clothes?
Removing slime from the cloth is not hard as you think. It will be easy if you are trying any of these methods. It will remove slime from the clothes.
1. White Vinegar
Using whiter vinegar is one of the best ways to remove slime stain from clothes. It works for all fabrics.
- Apply white vinegar directly to the affected area of the cloth.
- Allow the vinegar to stay over the stain for 10 to 15 minutes.
- After that, gently scrub the stained area. Try to use a soft scrubbing brush or toothbrush for scrubbing.
- Rinse the scrubbed area with warm water to wipe out leftover residue.
- After complete rinsing, wash the cloth as usual in a washing machine.
- Repeat the process until the slime removes.
2. How To Remove Slime From Clothes? – Acetone
Acetone works well for glue-based slime. It is highly astringent. It is safe to test with a small area before using it. Rubbing alcohol and nail polish remover are alternatives to acetone.
- Take the cotton wool ball and slightly dip with acetone.
- Now gently dab the cotton wool ball on the slime-stained area. It will remove the outer stain.
- Then wash the cloth, as usual, you practice.
3. Ice Cubes
You can try this method if it is dry slime. It helps to remove as much as possible.
- Firstly remove the dried slime out of the clothes. You can try it with your nails or any tweezers.
- After that, rub the peel removed area with ice cubes.
- Still, the slime remains, put the cloth in a freezer bag and allow for freezing.
- After it gets frozen, remove the slim away from the clothes.
- As a final step, wash as usual.
4. Washing Liquid
Removing the slime with washing liquid is an effective method to try.
- Brush the slime-affected area with a toothbrush or soft scraping brush.
- Then, pour a little amount of washing liquid onto the affected area.
- Allow the liquid to sit for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Then, rinse the cloth with hot water and soak it for 30 minutes.
- After soaking is over, remove the cloth and wash in a washing machine.
5. How To Remove Slime From Clothes?- Slime Removing Product
If the previous methods are not working, you can try slime removing products. Some of the products available in the market are Goo Gone, Sticky Stuff Remover, Sticky out, or any other slime removing product.
You can follow the washing procedure as you did with white vinegar.
6. Baking Soda And Vinegar
The mixture of baking soda and vinegar is normally used for removing tough stains from clothes. You can try it for removing slime from clothes.
- Mix the vinegar and water in the 2:1 ratio.
- Sprinkle some baking soda mixed with the vinegar solution over the stained area.
- Leave it to soak with stain for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Brush with the scrub to remove the stain. And then wipe out using a paper towel to remove any leftover.
- Finally, wash the clothes as you do regularly.
6. Dish Soap
You can use dish soap to remove the slime from the clothes. The non-concentrated form of dish soap is better than the concentrated one.
- Squirt dish over the stained area
- Rub the cloth in running water
- Repeat the process until the slime is gone.
- Wash the cloth in a washing machine as usual.
7. Laundry Detergent
This washing method using laundry detergent is the same as you did with dish soap. It is a simple method to remove slime from the clothes. Running water and laundry detergent is enough for this method.
8. Dawn Usage To Remove Slime
This is another method you can try to remove slime from the clothes. Here you require dawn and white vinegar or rubbing alcohol.
- Peel off any dry slime.
- Spray rubbing alcohol or vinegar over the spot.
- Rub gently with a toothbrush or any soft brush.
- Then add a drop of dawn and spread it around with your fingers.
- And soak the cloth in warm water for 30 minutes.
- Scrub again with another drop of dawn.
- Rinse it and wash as usual.
9. Remove slime With Club Soda
Club soda is the best option to remove the slime if you are not having baking soda and vinegar.
- Brush the slime stained spot with a toothbrush
- Pour some club soda over the stained area.
- Leave it to sit for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Scrub the cloth using a brush
- Rinse it and wash it in a washing machine.
There is no need to bother about your kids playing with slime and their dirty clothes. Your long-time doubt on how to remove slime from clothes can resolve easily now. Just follow any of these methods to remove the slime from your kid’s clothes.
Before that Don’t forget to follow us :