The Mediterranean diet is the best diet to follow to reduce the risk of diabetes and heart diseases. It is more suitable for people above age 45. You can depend on the Mediterranean app to simplify your diet plan process. There are many Mediterranean Diet apps available; you can choose the best Mediterranean app suitable for you. Before that, it is good to know what is Mediterranean Diet and its food list as well as the Mediterranean diet app.
What Is Mediterranean Diet?
The Mediterranean diet is a healthy diet that consists of food habits traditionally followed by the people in Mediterranean countries like France, Greece, Spain, and Italy. The diet includes fruits, vegetables, whole grains, nuts, seeds, legumes, herbs and species, and olive oil. A moderate quantity of dairy can add. Completely avoid processed foods, refrained grains, and sugar.
Many studies have confirmed that the Mediterranean diet has numerous health benefits such as promoting weight loss, preventing heart attacks, strokes, type 2 diabetes, and premature death. It helps in improving overall health and saves from chronic illness.
Following the Mediterranean diet is a bit controversial since the people in different Mediterranean countries eat different foods. Collectively the studies recommend consuming healthy plant foods, moderate dairy foods, and avoiding sugar and processed foods on our Mediterranean diet list.
To know more in detail let us get into a deep list of foods. We recommend only vegetarians.
Top 8 Foods To Eat
- Vegetables: The vegetables that can add to the diet are broccoli, kale, spinach, cauliflower, Brussels sprout, carrots, cucumbers, potatoes, tomatoes, turnips, and more.
- Fruits: the recommended fruits are bananas, oranges, pears, strawberries, grapes, figs, melons, dates, and apples.
- Nuts and seeds: the nuts and seeds that can include are almonds, walnuts, cashews, sunflower seeds, and hazelnuts. The nuts and seeds in your daily diet can lower the risk of diabetes and heart diseases. They are rich in vitamins and minerals.
- Legumes: legumes are rich in fiber, proteins, and vitamins. Legumes that can add to the Mediterranean diet are peas, beans, lentils, peanuts, chickpeas, and pulses.
- Whole grains: whole grains can include in the diet are brown rice, rye, barley, buckwheat, and oats.
- Dairy: cheese, milk, and yogurt.
- Herbs and spices: The herbs and spices that can add to the Mediterranean diet are basil, mint, rosemary, cinnamon, pepper, and garlic.
- Healthy fats: The healthy fats that can use in the diet are olives, olive oil, avocados, and avocado oil.
Food TO Limit In Mediterranean Diet
Limiting some foods are added advantage for better results. When you are on a Mediterranean diet limiting some foods can give you more benefits. The foods you can limit are sugar, refined grains, Trans fat, refined oil, and highly processed foods.
The Mediterranean diet is suitable for people above age 45 and it helps them reduce the risk of diabetes, heart diseases, and cancer and improves brain health. To simply your diet process you can use the Mediterranean diet app available. Many Mediterranean diet apps are available in the market.
A few of them are:
- Mediterranean Diet & Meal Plan
- Mediterranean Diet Meal Plan
- My Mediterranean Diet Tracker
- Mediterranean Diet + Meat Plan
- Mediterranean Diet Plan
You can add your meal plan to an app. Many apps come with collections of recipes, and many other features are available in the Mediterranean app. Overall it simplifies your diet plan all comes in handy.