Are you noticing any discolored patches of the skin or spots on the skin? If it is so, then there you may have a chance to get infected with tinea versicolor or other skin infection. It is good to consult the doctor to confirm it. If it is tinea versicolor then this article is for you. Be informed of tinea versicolor diet tips available that eliminate tinea versicolor condition of the skin.
Tinea versicolor is a condition seen on the skin caused by the fungus interference with the skin pigmentation. It causes small and discolored patches of the skin. These patches are often found on the trunk and shoulder and it seems to be lighter in color or darker than the surrounding skin. Tinea versicolor is not a contagious disease and teens and young adults are the common victims of this skin disease. It occurs periodically means it recurs on climatic changes even after taking treatment.
Tinea Versicolor can treat by applying anti-fungal creams, lotions, or shampoos. It may take several weeks or months for the disappearance of discoloration. While reading about this fungal infection, the causes of this infection can give more information regarding the infection.
What are the causes of Tinea Versicolor?
Fungus is the main reason behind this Tinea Versicolor skin disease or condition. The climatic condition and other reasons help the fungus gets birth and start to grow rapidly on the skin.
Climatic condition: During the hot and humid weather, the fungus grows faster than normal and affects the natural pigmentation of the skin, and changes the color and patches formations start.
Sweating: The stagnant or excessive sweating can give a humid environment for fungus to grow faster.
Immune system: weakened immune system can also be the reason for causing Tinea Versicolor. The decreased immune system can occur during pregnancy or any other illness.
Hormonal changes can also cause Tinea Versicolor
Using antibiotics, birth control pills, and undergoing steroid therapy can also lead to this fungal infection.
Tinea Versicolor can identify by the symptom include small, flat, round, or oval-shaped discoloration of the skin, in overtime it forms patches. These spots commonly occur on the upper chest, upper arms, and rarely on the upper thighs, face or neck.
It appears either as darker as or lighter than the color of the surrounding skin. If you are found any of these symptoms and you are confirmed to Tinea Versicolor, you can undergo treatment that applies any antifungal creams, shampoos, or lotions. In sometimes, antifungal pills can also be prescribed by your doctor.
Above all these, what you can do to eliminate or reduce the symptoms of Tinea Versicolor. There is a simple way. It can accomplish by following the diet that supports the body to overcome this fungal infection.
Tinea Versicolor Diet
An Immune-boosting diet is most helpful in eliminating Tinea Versicolor. Adding the following foods to your tinea versicolor diet might help you in treating Tinea Versicolor.
- Fruits and Vegetables: Fruits and vegetables rich in immune-supporting vitamins, minerals, nutrients, and antioxidants are highly preferred for Tinea Versicolor infections treatment. Vitamin A, C, and E are called antioxidant powerhouses and they are rich in fruits and vegetables including leafy green vegetables, tomatoes, red and orange bell peppers, grapes, citrus fruits, and dark green vegetables. Broccoli, spinach, cabbage, and Brussels sprouts are the common green leafy vegetables can add to your diet. Lemon and Lime are examples of citrus fruits rich in vitamin C and Olives fruits are rich in vitamin E and other antioxidants.
- Probiotic-rich yogurt: Probiotic is the healthy bacteria present in the digestive tract that helps in maintaining a healthy digestive system and increasing immunity. Yogurt is a probiotic-rich food item that needs to add to the diet to eliminate Tinea Versicolor.
- Low carbohydrates food: carbohydrates are the major source of sugar. Sugar can support the growth of fungus causing tinea versicolor. So, taking low carbohydrates foods can avoid adding extra sugar to your diet. Foods like broccoli, green beans, and avocados are great examples of low carbohydrates food.
- Add protein-rich foods: In proteins, there are no substances that support the fungus growth.
- Garlic: The ajoene in garlic has large anti-fungal properties. It helps in treating the fungal infection caused by tinea versicolor.
- Add vitamin A and Vitamin E-rich foods to your diet. Their deficiency can cause tinea versicolor. What do you say vitamins cure tinea versicolor? And magnesium is good in handling stress and anxiety which can increase blood sugar levels and reduce the nutrients required for healthy skin.
Foods To Avoid
On other hand like foods to add to your diet, there are some foods should avoid from your diet to eliminate tinea versicolor. Let us see what they are.
Vinegar and alcohol: vinegar and alcohol have high sugar content and secondly they are produced by the fermentation of yeast. This microorganism can help the growth of the fungus on your skin.
Sugar: As mentioned before, sugar promotes the growth of fungus on the skin causing tinea versicolor. So, avoid table sugar and foods that contain high sugar like bread and other processed foods.
Nuts: The mold-affected nuts can promote the growth of fungus causing tinea versicolor. So, avoid nuts adding to the daily diet.
Fruits: In fact, fruits are rich in nutrients and must add to the diet for most of the health benefits. But, in the case of tinea versicolor, it can increase the growth of fungus of skin, if it is over-consumed as a result of high sugar content in fruits.
By adding and avoiding foods as mentioned in the tinea versicolor diet list you can treat this fungal infection. Consulting a doctor before adopting a tinea versicolor diet is essential to avoid any allergies and other side effects.
The article written by me is for information purposes only. It is not intended to provide medical advice. The reader should always consult a Medical practitioner concerning any medical condition.