No food can taste or say tasty without salt or sugar. If the food is not mixed with the required quantity of salt or sugar you cannot put it into your mouth. Every cook knows this truth. If the cook forgets to add the salt, the solution is easy it can add it after tasting. But if the cook or if you are in the role added too much salt then it will spoil the taste and the food get wasted. We don’t easily wish to throw out the food; instead, we will look for ways to balance the salt content in food. If the food is curries or dishes you can easily neutralize the salt with easy tricks and hacks, but it is not easy with processed foods like chips, bread, and other processed foods. Unfortunately, if you added extra salt to the food and looking for a solution to save your food, you are in the right place then. Yes, here we will see a few tricks and hacks Ways On How To Neutralize Salt In Food.
How to Neutralize Salt in Food
- Water- The easiest and very first common hack that helps in the neutralization of excess salt in the food you added is adding water. Pour some water and allow boiling for a few minutes. It will balance the excess salt in the food and save the food from wasting.
- Lemon- Lemon neutralizes the excess salt in food. It neutralizes the salty food and changes its flavors to tangy. You can also tomato sauce or any tomato products. The acid in this helps in neutralizing the saltiness.
- Yogurt- By adding yogurt or heavy cream to your dishes you can neutralize the salty food. It not only balances the salt it gives a different taste to your food. You can try this hack if your food is salty.
- Milk- You can also save your food from too salty by adding milk to it. It is a great dish savior and salt neutralizer. You can also use coconut milk to neutralize the excess salt.
- Sugar- Next to salt, sugar is the taste-giving ingredient. If you did small mistakes in adding salt quantity then you can neutralize it with sugar. It helps in balancing the extra salt and gives a sweet taste to your food.
- Flour and Dough- You can neutralize salty food either by mixing flour directly into the dish with water or dipping dough balls. This hack works well in neutralizing salty food. Dough balls work similar way to potatoes except they will not absorb water like potatoes. While mixing flour directly into the dish keep an eye on the quantity of water, don’t make it thicker.
- Add Spices!
- Vinegar- If the salt is a little bit higher you can balance it with sugar alone. For a big blunder mixing vinegar with sugar is the perfect neutralizer.
- Add Some Starchy Foods- Add some cooked starchy foods to your salty dish. It will absorb the excess salt and give a taste to your food. Examples of starchy foods are rice, pasta, quinoa, etc. Prepare starchy foods without adding salt and add them to your dish to work perfectly.
- Increase the dish quantity- When you mess with excess salt in your dish, you can increase the quantity a little more to balance the salt in your dish. It also increases the serving plates.
Yes To Salt! But In the Right Amount!
Salt is the most important ingredient needed to add to all dishes. If it is messed up then whole food becomes tasteless and wasted. While preparing the dish makes sure you are adding the correct quantity of salt and other ingredients. However, the above tricks can help you if you did any blunders.