National cousins day is an opportunity for people to recognize and appreciate the special relationship they share with their cousins.
Moreover, cousins often have a unique connection, somewhere between that of siblings and friends.
Cousins also have shared family experiences, memories, and histories. Hence, we bring you some national cousins day quotes!
What Is National Cousins Day?
National Cousins Day is celebrated on the 24th of July every year although some people might celebrate it on other days.
Of course, this holiday is dedicated to celebrating the bond between cousins.
Growing up, the cousins re-learn and re-discover the process of growing up through their younger cousins and the cycle of love begins again.
So, why not keep a special day to cherish these lifelong bonds?
Some National Cousins Day 2023 Wishes
- Happy National Cousins Day! I’m so grateful to have you in my life. Here’s to many more laughs, adventures, and unforgettable moments together. Love you!
- To my amazing cousins, on this special day, I wish you all the love, joy, and happiness in the world. Thank you for being the best cousins anyone could ask for!
- Cousins like you make life more fun and exciting. Happy Cousins Day! Let’s make wonderful memories today and always.
- Sending you lots of love and hugs on Cousins Day! May our bond only grow stronger with each passing year. Cheers to our incredible friendship!
- Cousins are like stars that brighten our lives. On this special day, I’m grateful for your presence and the light you bring into my life. Have a fantastic Cousins Day!
- Cousins are not just relatives; they are friends for life. Wishing you a day filled with laughter, love, and endless joy. Happy Cousins Day!
- As we celebrate Cousins Day, I want you to know how much you mean to me. You’ve been my partner in crime and my confidant. Love you always!
Things You Can Do On National Cousins Day
How do you celebrate Cousins Day? Since National Cousins Day is not an official holiday, there are no specific traditions or customs associated with it.
However, there are a few things you can do to enjoy nonetheless!
- Go for a hike or nature walk.
- Rent bikes and explore a scenic trail.
- Have a beach day and enjoy swimming, building sandcastles, and playing beach games.
- Have a game night with board games, card games, or video games.
- Do a puzzle together.
- Organize a family talent show or karaoke night.
- Have a movie marathon with everyone’s favorite films.
- Get creative with arts and crafts projects, such as painting, drawing, or DIY crafts.
- Make personalized T-shirts or friendship bracelets.
- Build a fort or a cool treehouse together.
- Cook a meal together or have a mini cooking competition.
- Go to an amusement park or a local fair.
- Explore historical sites or landmarks in your area.
- Visit a nearby farm or petting zoo.
- Research your family tree together and share stories about your ancestors.
Some Quotes For This Special Day
Here are some quotes and Instagram captions for cousins and appreciating them on National Cousins Day:
- “Cousins are those rare people who ask how we are and then wait to hear the answer.”
- “Cousins are friends that will love you forever.”
- “Cousins are connected heart to heart, distance and time can’t break them apart.”
- “Cousins are like puzzle pieces. They may not fit perfectly, but they make our lives whole.”
- “Cousins are many. Best friends are few. What a rare delight to find both in you.”
- “A cousin is a little bit of childhood that can never be lost.”
- “Cousins are cool to see, impossible to forget, and true to your heart.”
- “God made us cousins because He knew our mothers couldn’t handle us as siblings.”
- “Cousins by blood, friends by choice.”
- “In my cousin, I find a second self.”
- “Cousins are like siblings you can never get rid of, no matter how annoying they are.”
- “A cousin is someone whose footsteps you’d rather follow than anyone else’s.”
- “Cousins are those childhood playmates who grow up to be forever friends.”
- “Happiness is having crazy cousins.”
- “Cousins are the barometers of how fun a family get-together will be.”
Frequently Asked Questions
What is National Cousins Day?
National Cousins Day on July 24th recognizes the lifelong relationships that grow among cousins. Source
Why is Cousin Day celebrated?
This special day was created in 1998 in recognition and celebration of the special bond that cousins share.
When did National Cousins Day start?
Who created Cousin day?
National Cousin Day is observed on July 24th every year. 🎉 It was founded by Joanna Hill in 1998. Source
National Cousins Day is not fixed to a specific date, and different sources or groups may choose different days to honor this relationship which is so significant and cherished.
Again, some people celebrate Cousins Day on July 24th, while others celebrate it on other dates. But, this does not change our love for them!