Oregano oil has been used for many medical purposes since the ancient Romans and Greeks. The word oregano originates from the Greek words “ganos” and “oros”. The word ganos means joy and oros means mountain. So the word oregano got the meaning of ‘joy of the mountain’.This oil has enormous uses and health benefits. It has the properties of antioxidant, antimicrobial, antifungal, antiseptic, and anti-inflammatory. Its carminative property helps in reducing gas formation in the stomach. We are here with the simple recipe on how to make Oregano Oil in 5 simple steps.
Oregano Oil Benefits
- It is a natural pain-killer and anti-inflammatory.
- Can directly apply to arthritis, carpal tunnel, bursitis, and sore muscles.
- Its pain-killing quality works perfectly for migraines and sinus headaches.
- It helps in relieving nasal congestion.
- Oregano oil is used for insects and bug bites.
- It enhances the immune system
- Oregano oil improves your respiratory health
- Helps in fighting against fungal and bacterial infections.
- Highly effective in reducing digestive problems.
- Can take internal to kill virus inside
This oil can easily make at home. It involves a unique process. Now we go for How to make Oregano oil.
- Chopped or crushed oregano leaves
- Required quantity of Grapeseed oil, olive oil, or almond oil.
- Sanitized jar with tightly closed lid
- Take the required quantity of water in a saucepan, allow it to boil, and turn it off after reaching a rolling boil.
- Fill the sanitized jar with chopped oregano leaves and pour the olive oil over the leaves. Oil is your choice.
- Immerse the jar into the hot water and allow it to sit for 5 to 10 minutes. During this time the oil gets heated up and makes the oregano leaves release their natural oil.
- Take the jar out from the hot water and place it on the sunny window for 2 weeks. Shake the jar once every 2 days to make it mix well.
- After the completion of 2 weeks, strain the oil from the leaves into another sanitized jar. Store the oil in a dark and cool place.
You can add a few drops of grapefruit oil for better preservation of this oil. Now the homemade oil is ready to serve its purpose. It has a lot of health benefits both internally and externally. Just follow the easy steps and prepare on your own. It is one of the best household items with a lot of health benefits to have in the home.
Also Read: Let Us Learn About Minimalism Music And Its 5 Characteristics
Follow Us: Facebook | Instagram | Twitter | Youtube | Pinterest
Tinydale is on YouTube, Click here to subscribe for the latest videos and updates.