Hello, welcome to our new blog about Estradiol. We will cover what the medicine is how it is useful to you its side effects and Estradiol levels. Let us first understand the basic details about Estradiol. Then we will start with the list of the Top 10 Foods To Avoid While Taking Estradiol.
Estradiol is a hormone that is naturally produced in the ovaries of the female body. Estradiol is very helpful for the female body. It performs many functions in the female body. Primarily, Estradiol functions to mature the reproductive system and also maintain it. When women are going through the menstruation cycle, if the Estradiol levels increase it will lead to maturation, and also release the egg. Estradiol has another name i.e. oestradiol.
Top 10 Foods to avoid while taking Estradiol
- Meat products: Avoid eating the meat product while taking Estradiol because they contain estrogen and Estradiol is taken to reduce the higher levels of estrogen in the female/women bodies. So eating meat products will increase the levels. Therefore, you must completely avoid meat and related products.
- Dairy Products: Just like meat products, dairy products also have estrogen so taking them will lead to increased estrogen in the female body. So, they should be avoided while taking Estradiol.
- Alfalfa Sprouts: A definite deliciously nutritious food often treated as best salad, have higher levels of So keep in mind that Alfalfa Sprouts also are one food item that you must avoid.
- Grapefruit: Avoid eating grapefruit or its juice during the intake of the medicine as it may cause changes in the amount of the medicine.
- Flax Seeds: Flax seeds are a good source of high estrogen levels. It is added to salad, cereal, or bread but it contains a phytoestrogen called lignans. The other name for Flax Seeds is Linseeds.
- Soybeans: Another food item to avoid that contains phytoestrogens. Although it tastes good and healthy, your food will have more estrogen than before.
- Fennel: Fennel, is one of the best spices used in the kitchen but despite adding flavors and is often treated as a digestive or after-meal treat, it also contains phytoestrogens that boost estrogen.
- Garlic and Onions: Although garlic is used in almost all food dishes to add flavors and balance the nutrients, it also contains phytoestrogens. So it also should be avoided during medicine intake.
- Bread – Whole Grain: A whole-grain bread contains so many grains such as wheat, oats, barley. flax, etc. having high phytoestrogens (lignans). So, avoid eating whole grain bread while taking the medicine.
- Dried Fruits: Dried Fruits are the ones containing higher levels of phytoestrogens than any other food item. So, dried fruits are also to be avoided.
Some More Foods To Avoid While Taking Estradiol
So, above are some of the food items that are to be avoided while taking the Estradiol. There are other foods that the female should strictly avoid such as
- mung beans
- kidney beans
- pumpkin seeds
- sunflower seeds
- almonds, peanuts – salted and roasted
- brazil nuts
- whole wheat
- blueberry, and cranberry cherry.
Estradiol Levels Information
Increased Estradiol levels also cause the uterus lines to thicken allowing the fertilized egg to implant. The effects of Estradiol are most visible when the woman is going through menopause.
Estradiol is also available in the male body but it is in the female body, the levels of Estradiol are higher than males. An increase in Estradiol may cause some problems in the female body; she would have a lack of interest in having sex, she would feel depressed all the time, her skin would have acne. She would have problems like constipation also. Too much Estradiol also causes breast cancer, diseases or conditions related to cardiovascular, weight gain, and many problems related to menstrual.
How to use Estradiol medicine?
So, to balance the increased levels of Estradiol and treat it properly, you should prefer taking the medicines available. But there are ways to use Estradiol. Normally it is advisable by doctors to take Estradiol medicine aka Estrogen products/medicines directly from the mouth, injected or absorbed through the skin. But before that, some recommended products are required to be applied on the vagina area. Few medicines help in bone loss (osteoporosis) and are much safer, for example, raloxifene.
Here, you have to completely rely on the instructions of the doctor, like what time you should take Estrogen products and which products you should take. Some of these products are also taken by men and women both to treat breast cancers or other cancers like prostate cancer.
You must read the instructions before using and also consult with your doctor before using the medicine. And every time you take any refill, do not forget to consult with your doctor about it. If it is tablets you are taking, you need to swallow them whole or split in half.
What are the side effects of estradiol?
There are certain side effects related to Estradiol and those are listed down below.
- Weight gain/loss
- Bloating and feeling full
- Stomach / Abdominal related problem
- Vomiting or Nausea
- Mood swings/changes
- Memory Loss and Dementia
- Itching or irritation in the vagina, face, tongue, etc.
- Breast Lumps
- Bleeding in the vagina (severe or continuous bleeding)
- Swelling on feet, hands, legs, etc.
- The recurrent urge to urinate
- Dark-colored urine release
- Yellow eyes and Jaundice
- Tumors (related to estrogens) and related liver
- Heart attacks or strokes
- Deficiency of Protein S
- DVT – blood clotting
- Gallbladder disease
- Deficiency of Vitamin C
- Blockage of the flow of flood – PE (Pulmonary Embolism)
- Chest Pain
- Kidney problem or disease
- Inability to utter words
- Vision-related problems – blindness both partial or full
- Breathing problem like Asthma
- Feelings of numbness in body and limbs
- Feeling of dizziness
So above are some of the side effects that happen to the female body when a female tries to take Estradiol medicine. Furthermore, some of the females also have severe allergic reactions. So, in such situations, they should be immediately taken to the doctor’s attention and care.
Always consult your doctor or physician before taking any kind of medicine. You should always know about the Side Effects first with your doctor or physician.Please let us know i
Also Read: Ozempic Foods To Avoid – Side Effects Of Ozempic
Follow Us: Facebook | Instagram | Twitter | Youtube | Pinterest
Tinydale is on YouTube, Click here to subscribe for the latest videos and updates.
The article written by me is for information purposes only. It is not intended to provide medical advice. The reader should always consult a Medical practitioner concerning any medical condition.