Do you have an enlarged pore that looks like a hole? Then this article is for you. What are enlarged pores? Enlarged pores are pores that are larger and look like large blackheads. These are common in both men and women who are older than 40.It can even be pore hole on face.
What Causes The Skin To Develop An Enlarged Pore That Looks Like A Hole?
The theories say that enlarged pores develop when the scar tissue starts to develop around a cyst in the pore. But the experts are not clear about the exact cause of enlarged pores. The black plug in the middle gives the hole-like appearance.
Enlarged Pore That Looks Like A Hole Treatment
- Hide it- You can hide it to heal on its own and reduces its size. You can use some skin care products to decrease its visibility. By giving enough rest to pores you can reduce their size.
- Microdermabrasion- It is a DIY home treatment you have a microdermabrasion kit to do this procedure. You can exfoliate the skin using this product. By filling up with gunks you can make these enlarged pores too small.
- Chemical Peels- Chemical peels are also used to reduce the size of the pores. They remove dead skin cells and excess oil from the skin. By the way, it improves the tone and texture of the skin. It is a low-cost treatment that can use at home.
- Microneedling- With micro-needling, you will damage the skin first to make the skin produce collagen and then heal on its own. Examples of such devices are rollers and Dermapens. They can reduce the size and the number of enlarged pores. It can be done by a professional or you can do it by yourself.
- TCA cross- This procedure should be done by a professional as it needs to perform with a strong acid. Any misleading may cause scarring. It treats the pore by breaking the tissue inside the pores and allows it to heal itself by filling up naturally.
- Excision- Excision is one of the most effective ways to treat enlarged pores. The scarred tissue is cut off and stitched here using fine sutures. It can leave a small scare at the end, but it is not visible much.
- Use a gentle cleanser and moisturizer- Clean the surface twice a day and massage the area. And apply oil-free moisturizer, and it can reduce the dryness in the area.
- Exfoliate to reduce the size- While exfoliating using chemicals, the active molecules in salicylic acid, lactic, or glycolic acid dissolve oil and dead skin cells. Consistently it can reduce the size of pores.
Other lifestyle changes you can do are;
- Avoid tight wearing and restrictive clothing
- Use a humidifier in your room during cold and dry weather
- Reduce your bath time
- Take baths in lukewarm water
This condition can also relate to the dilated pore of Winer as their symptoms are similar, but there is no home treatment to treat dilated pore Winer. You talk to a doctor in this case. Doctors may give treatments such as cryotherapy, dermabrasion, electrocautery, and laser surgery to remove dilated pore of Winer. Beyond this, surgical removal is an effective method to remove these pores. But there are multiple methods to treat the enlarged pore that looks like a hole. You can try the above-mentioned DIY methods to resolve them or you can visit your doctor. Going to the doctor is always the best way to treat the pores effectively and quickly.
Also Read: How to get clear skin? It is a common question that comes to mind when you face skin problems.