Here we will go to see 45+ interesting dog facts for kids. If your kid is a pet lover, especially dogs, this blog will have informative. And children will be pleased to learn dog facts’. This is one of the best examples of dog articles for students. Here in this post there is a mix of facts about dogs and puppies. As kids will be keen to learn more about puppy facts. Let us see more facts about a dog here.
If your kid wants to learn or write :
- 10 facts about dogs
- 50 facts about dogs
- 20 interesting facts about dogs
They can select the favorite facts they love to learn and know more about and can make a list of fun facts for the future!
Dog Facts For Kids
- This popular pet has taken different roles such as protectors, helpers, and fighters while being a great companion.
- Wolves are their ancestors and family. They evolved from them. After their wild characters get shrank, they become obedient and docile.
- They are too smart and can learn 100 words and gestures.
- The sense of smell is about 100,000 times more than a human’s.
- The hearing capacity of a dog is amazing. They can hear high-pitched noises and spot sounds from a very long distance.
- The trained dogs use their super senses to find explosives and illegal goods. And also can sense any health issues in humans.
- Dogs assist humans in many include helping blind people, protecting the owner and his properties, and assisting in searching and rescuing.
- The dogs have sweat glands on their paws. They cool down their body by sweating through their paws and panting.
- Like humans have a dominant hand, dogs also have dominant paws. You can observe their first step. The most often used leg is their dominant paw.
- The dogs are like gods for Ancient Egyptians. Saluki, a type of dog, lived in the lavish palaces of Egyptian royalty.
- Dogs signal their feeling through their ears, eyebrows, shoulders, and tail.
- Chocolates may make dogs sick. They are not able to process the chemical called theobromine in the chocolates.
- The wet noses of dogs are used to scent chemicals and give a sense of smell.
- The tallest dog breed is the Great Dane, and the heaviest dog breed is the English mastiff weighs up to 200-300 pounds.
- The world’s smallest dog breed is Chihuahuas. Their heights are between 6 to 9 inches tall.
- The Labrador is the most popular dog breed.
- The dogs run faster and the fastest breed is the greyhound. The fast they can reach is about 45 miles per hour.
- Around 200 different dog breeds are spread around the world and the most popular breeds are the Golden Retriever, Bulldog, Dachshund, German shepherd, and Yorkshire terrier. In total, there are 400 million dogs in the world, estimation says.
- The ‘Canis Lupus Familiaris’ is the scientific name of the dog.
- Dogs belong to the Canidae family, a type of mammal family. Foxes and jackals are also the members of Canidae family.
- Dogs, Bitches, and puppies refer to male dogs, female dogs, and young dogs.
- Dogs were brought to homes 20000 years ago. They are the first animals to become domestic animals.
- Some clever dogs are taking different jobs in their life. They are working in nursing homes, schools and hospitals. They are also working in the police service to find the clues in the cases.
- The average dog’s life span is 10-14 years.
- Dog’s eyesight is sharper than humans during the night.
- The puppies will open their eyes only after 3 weeks, until then their eyes are sealed out.
- In some dogs, their color get changes as they get older and they are Dalmatians and Airedale Terriers
- Border Collies, Poodles, German Shepherds, Golden Retrievers, and Dobermans are intelligent dogs. They do intelligent jobs like police jobs.
- Dogs use 18 different muscles to move their ears.
- Every dog has a unique nose print like a human has a unique fingerprint.
- Puppies can hear only after 6 weeks.
- Puppies become adult dogs after they turn one.
- Like babies puppies also sleep for long hours, up to 19 hours.
- The greyhound dogs can run faster than a cheetah and can beat them in a race. They can constantly run at a top speed of 30 mph for more than 7 miles.
- Bloodhounds dog has powerful tracking abilities and a sense of smell, so they are used commonly in tracking missing people.
- Research says petting a dog can reduce a person’s blood pressure.
- The Dalmatians breed is born completely white, they will have no spots. The spots develop as they grow older.
- Dogs will have a dream like a human.
- A cattle dog from Australia called Bluey was the oldest dog that lived for 29 years and 5 months.
- A dog can learn around 150 words and gestures.
- There will be 42 teeth in an adult dog.
- Obesity is a major health problem in dogs.
- The science shows that dogs yawn soon after we yawn and they are contagious for dogs too.
- Dogs have three eyelids. The third one is called a nictitating membrane.
- Domestic dogs are omnivores.
11 Dogs Breed
- German shepherd – German shepherds are very often used in police training for their intelligence and good temperament.
- Labrador Retriever – This obedient and homely dog is grown at home. It is a popular house dog.
- Golden Retriever – This Friendly dog can see in many movies.
- Bulldog- This is a cute dog with a sour mug face.
- Doberman – They usually work for security purposes. They are called Dobies.
- Great Dane – This is one of the biggest dog breeds.
- French Bulldog – This dog is good for a companion. They are smaller than traditional dogs.
- Beagle – Beagles are more sociable and affectionate. It gives good company.
- Rottweiler – These dogs are strong and ferocious and used in the military and police work.
- Yorkshire Terrier – They were used as vermin catchers in textile mills earlier.
- German Shorthaired Pointer – They are excellent at hunting. They are more intelligent and have a high sense of smell.
Happy Dog Facts!
We learned a bonus of 11 dog breeds for kids after learning Dog Facts For Kids. The kids who are dog lovers would love to learn all about dogs. These facts about dogs might be interesting. There are more fun and interesting dog facts for kids to explore. Explore it and do let us know in the comment box below!
Also Read: We always wonder are black beans good for dogs? Can dogs eat black beans?