Creativity is one of the skills which is inbuilt in every child. We as the parents, teachers, or any child counseled has this wonderful opportunity to extract and groom the skill of creativity from their children. We can make various efforts to boost creative thinking in children. I am sure you are part of our amazing learning group Love Is Play-Based Learning! There are several ways to boost and encourage creativity in children. Here I have come up with the Top 10 Tips To Promote Creative Thinking In Children.
It is a myth that creativity is inborn. Yes, I agree creativity is inborn in some children. But there is a wonderful opportunity that we can extract and promote this creativity skill from our children to groom their creative thinking. Creativity is not limited to arts or music, It can be innovatively seen in:
- Learning Number bond, Doubling concept in creative ways
- Digraphs learning with creativity such as oa, ng, and oo Words.
- Making nurse cap, snowman, Flower garden using creative thinking
- Messy play
- Playing outdoor in the winter season, Messy Playing on the beach.
- In calculations
- in small calculations such as addition or subtraction
- Pretend play by creative thinking and making DIY Washing machine toy, Paper clock, Toy Bed, and living room ideas.
Let us get started with the Top 5 Tips To Promote Creative Thinking In Children:
Top 5 Tips To Promote Creative Thinking In Children:
1.Brainstorming Tips To Promote Creative Thinking In Children
Brainstorming is one of the best tips which works to boost creative thinking in children. You can encourage brainstorming by simply asking the questions. You can even encourage kids to think out of the box with the help of various activities involved.
2.Asking Questions To Children
By simply asking questions to your children can boost creative thinking in kids. When you are going out, let them discover and explore. When they explore they simply become curious and out of curiosity they ask questions that help build up their creative thinking.
3.Curiosity Tips To Promote Creative Thinking In Children
Curiosity plays a vital role to develop creative thinking skills in children. When we take our kids out or when they are exposed to new environments or toys, they become curious to know more. Like for example: When your news is given to a kid…He starts brainstorming and is curious to know by using creative thinking about the toy such as:
- What is the toy about?
- How does it work?
- What it looks like?
- What are its abilities?
- How can I play with? and so on.
Let us know the importance of play in children’s lives. I believe and a big supporter of outdoor play, which involved learning to explore and discover thoroughly. Some of the common benefits of this kind of play are as follows:
- It involved loads of your child’s imagination skills as they see, think, and wonder about objects around them.
- With thinking and wondering, they gradually discover and explore the things around; Where I feel the learning automatically happens.
- This kind of play is a natural health and immunity booster as kids get to have more sunshine, the real fun in the sand mess, Running, and playing in the sand. A quick water play under the supervision of their parents.
- When kids are playing outdoor, like on the beach, they explore more due to space freedom. They tend to interact and have fun with kids to make new friends and learn the art of sharing automatically when they get a chance.
5.Messy Play Is Magical: Tips To Promote Creative Thinking In Children
Messy play is really magical. I am a believer in messy play. When kids get a chance to get messy and play dirty. They learn the best and their creativity prevails. Some of the common examples of messy play you can try out with your kids:
- Free play in the mud.
- The fun run in the rain
- Jumping up and down in the muddy puddles
- Playing with the sand freely as shown in the video below
- Snow fun in the winter season
- Slimes and glitters
- Fun with the play dough
- Blowing bubbles and popping them up in the outdoors.
- Sensory play activities for kids
6.Let Kids Be Free To Ask Questions
Asking questions is the best form for children out of their curious minds. You as a parent should always answer the questions with full enthusiasm. As they are really excited and curious to know new things.
7.Giving Chance To Your Children
Spilling ample opportunities to children will have them develop their creative thinking. Give them opportunities out of the box so they have the passion to give it a chance and try to accomplish the task or activity by boosting creative thinking.
8.Reading Is Magical: Tips To Promote Creative Thinking In Children
Limiting the kids’ screen time and engaging them in the activities such as reading will have them grow their creative intelligence. You can Find Out Interesting Ways To Make Story Reading Fun For Kids. Reading draws us into the beauty of language, which is vital in a child’s life. Connecting to language acts as a key that unlocks all the locks that hinder a child’s growth, so reading is an integral part of life.
9.Encouraging To Have Hands-On Activities
Involving your child and encouraging them to have fun with their interest activities will decently give wings to their creative thinking. Activities can be any such as :
- Physical activities such as playing
- Simple doodling
- Making easy crafts
- Playing with toys of their interest.
10.Give Them Free Time
As a human, we all need some time for ourselves to regain and groom. Similarly, our children also need some free space out of their scheduled timetable and routine to help explore and imagine. It’s always advised to give kids some time to do the activities of their own choice or simply sitting or roaming around in their home.
Let Children Explore!
So, These are the top 10 Tips To Promote Creative Thinking In Children. I am sure you must be a part of our amazing Facebook page Tinydale to stay updated with our latest posts and videos! Please feel free to share your ideas in the comment box below! You can always mail us to share your stories or craft ideas with us!