Some of the natural ways and effective home remedies to treat and cure constipation in babies and kids with no side-effects can be tried at home with the consent of your child’s pediatrician are as follows:
Bath In A Tub
- The recommended age is 8months plus for this remedy.
- Make sure your baby can sit with support to try this therapy.
- Let your baby sit relaxed in lukewarm water.
- In this way, The rectum of the baby is relaxed and helps in bowel movement.
- Time duration completely depends on you, from 2 to 10-15 minutes, depending on your child.
Prunes To Ease Constipation
- The recommended age is 6months+.
- It is one of the natural laxatives with no side-effects.
- Check for allergies, if any, with prunes.
- For babies, The safe way is to give mashed prunes or prune juice. It’s advised to dilute with water or milk for small babies.
- For kids, Its ok to give prune directly.
- It starts its effect hours after giving it to the kids.
- Children love to eat prunes due to its sweet taste.
- The recommended age for introducing water is 6months+.
- We should start giving water to babies with bottles, sippy spoons, and gradually with sippy cups.
- Kids should have loads of water as they do a lot of physical exercise games all day long.
- Keep your baby hydrated.
- It’s a saying An apple a day keeps a doctor away.
- A spoonful of pure apple juice eases constipation and softens baby stools.
- The recommended age for introducing apple juice is 6months+.